Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings

Welcome back still reading it just keeps getting better. The topic for this entry is how did the opening chapter of this book lead you to anticipate the ending. Angelou starts the book off with a particular part of a poem that read " What are you looking at me for? I didn't come to stay....." which when reading the first time confused me a little but as i read on i found out that it was a part of a poem that she was reading at church. This stunned me because this is not what i would generally consider a starting point for a story, but as i read on it was just one of the many times she was nervous and insecure about herself. This immediately drew me in making me want to know would she ever get over this insecurity. As i thought about it i figured most likely it would be an empowerment story and by the end she would and be stronger because of it. It seemed like the book was going to be her journey to that secure place in herself because of the place she chooses to start her story.At this point in my reading it seems this way but its still a little shaky. Maybe? Maybe Not?

No comments:

Post a Comment