Thursday, October 29, 2009

Stayign Pure

Topic: What are some things the writer did that kept me interested? Well Moore"s story line in general was brilliant. Her topic for discussion was great, one that many teens deal with; Staying Pure. She made sure that the topic was well covered and that she gave her readers options in handling and dealing with it. Her fairly easy to read language kept me interested you could tell she was writing the first thing that came to her mind. Her use of religious evidence. Most of the time when a character said something meaningful there was scripture to back it up. But I believe my absolute favorite thing she did was she actually had the characters pray. Not just saying "then I prayed", but actually having what the characters said in the prayer in the story. To me this was a funny twist to the relatively hot topic. The characters prayed to keep from doing things or even for repentance after doing them. There are even points in the story when the characters pray because they know what they are about to do it wrong. All these things kept me completely interested in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment