Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Staying Pure

Topic: Who is the intended audience and why? For me I struggled with who the intended audience was because the topic was something that many people face. Based on the title I sort of cam up with a general idea that it was for anyone in this situation. After reading a some my ideas changed slightly it wasn't just anybody it was Christians dealing with this problem. But by the end of the book my view changed again it wasn't just Christians, it was teenage female Christians. I came to his conclusion because the books main character is a teenager by the name of Payton, she is a senior in high school and the entire story revolves around her and her decisions as it pertains to this topic. The author specifically chooses her as the focal point in the story. It gives you the female perspective to the said topic. So that led me to believe that it was ment to encourage the young women that read the book that this is a way to deal with it and that they aren't alone many others have been through it to. Yet even though this story is fiction it still has a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment