Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Staying Pure

Topic: What is the authors main methods of communication? How does this affect you ability to relate to the topic? Moore mostly uses dialog, and narrative to tell the story. But there are some times when she strays away from these set methods. The mode of expression fits the topic well. All the switches in the methods keep the topic going so to me the story never dies. I get a more in dept look and feel of the topic based on her method of expression. I her choice to add some monologue and internal thoughts of the characters into the story bridged some gaps that were left in the story. These all worked together to produce a story that was not only interesting, but funny and it made u examine your own life. So they create a bubble for the story and i completely found my self in this bubble not wanting to leave. I would have to say her chosen methods defiantly affected my ability to relate to the topic, they made me get into the topic a lot more because they made me anticipate what was next.

1 comment:

  1. 4/4 for 11/6/09
    HOWEVER, please work on writing as you read--it looks like you wrote as many entries as you possibly could after you'd read the whole book. Instead, stick to the rules: read 75 pages, write an entry; read 75 more; write another entry. The reason for this is to practice recognizing key moments, ideas, phrasing, etc. as you go instead of waiting to the end of a book to get it.
    3/4 (due to lateness) for 10/22

    ReplyDelete