Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Never Forget

Topic: Why did u choose this book? What are your expectation for this book? Why did you expect this? How is it living up to your expectation? I chose this book because it is about September 11th and which is one of my favorite things in the past to read and learn about. I think it is because it is something that happened during my lifetime and I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when it happened. I expected this book to be very powerful and meaningful but at the same time very sad. I expected to be wowed by the selflessness of the firefighters and the bravery of the survivors. I expected this because that is what I got from the many other books I have read about the 9/11 tragedy including "Last Man Down" by Daniel Paisner. This book has beyond exceeded my expectations so far, it has showed me that sometimes you do things that don't put you at risk in order to save other, but also it has showed me that you should cherish life because u never know what will happen tomorrow. That is exactly what Lois say in the introduction, when he tells of all the things that happened on September 10 and how different people felt September 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment