Tuesday, February 16, 2010

They had a dream

Topic: What about the book kept you reading it and did this change your opinion on the topic of choice and Why? I think the one major thing that kept me reading this book was the topic that was discussed. It was very interesting to go more in depth into the story of African Americans in America. But the set up of the book was also a thing that kept me reading the book. Archer picked 4 influential men to tell the stories of in order to outline how far African Americans have come since entering this nation. All of these men stories overlap and you get to see how each one advanced the rights and abilities of African Americans. This book defiantly changed my view of the history of African Americans and also of these 4 men because I learned a lot of new things on these two topics. I learned a lot about the struggles these men faced everyday fighting for the rights of blacks and as an African American this means a lot to me because with out the relentlessness of these 4 men and so many others I wouldn't be where i am today and have all the rights that I have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment