Tuesday, February 2, 2010

They had a Dream

Topic: Why did I choose this book? What were my expectations for this book? Is it living up to my expectation? I choose this book for two reasons; one was my need for a non-fiction book and the other was because African American history is very interesting to me usually when I look into African American history I always learn something new. Based on the cover, the year published and the synopsis inside the book I didn't expect the book to be boring but I did expect the language to be more like a textbook than a story. This book is in no way boring the author does a great job of picking facts that get the job done but at the same time keep the story alive. The content is interesting and the language that it is written in inviting, the author is talking to you as apposed to talking at you, the book takes you on a journey through time and the author is you tour guide and this is a great strategie to keep the reader engaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment